There are many types of skin rashes. A rash is an outbreak of many red bumps or patches on the body. Many conditions can cause an itchy rash. In adults, several types of skin inflammation, various allergic reactions (contact dermatitis), and sometimes infection with a mite or virus can be the cause of a new rash on the skin. Determining that the skin change is recent (generally happening for the first time and lasting less than 1-2 weeks) helps to narrow the possible causes for the rash.
There are some basic measures that can speed up recovery and ease some of the discomfort:
- Use mild soap– not scented. These soaps are sometimes advertised for sensative skin, or for baby skin.
- Avoid washing with hot water – opt for warm.
- Try to allow the rash to breathe. Do not cover with a Band-Aid or bandage.
- Do not rub the rash dry, pat it.
- If the rash is dry, for instance, in eczema, use unscented moisturizers
- Do not use any cosmetics or lotions that may be causing the rash – for instance, newly purchased items.
- Avoid scratching to lessen the risk of infection.
- Cortisone creams that can be purchased over-the-counter or online may ease itching.
- Calamine can relieve some rashes, e.g. poison ivy, chickenpox, and poison oak.
Wash the affected areas with warm water and soap are not painful. Apply Nixoderm average at night and morning. Gently rub
- We recommend warming up a pearl-sized amount of the balm on your fingertips and then gently massaging it into your skin in a circular motion. The skin should ideally be gently cleaned before applying the balm. For optimal results, we recommend to use the product at least twice a day.
Prickly heat is common in hot, humid weather and can cause discomfort. For over 80 years, many have turned to Agnesia Antibacterial Powder for its soothing and calming formula. It absorbs sweat and prevents bacterial growth. Agnesia is also effective in helping with nappy rash and cosmetic allergies.
Agnesia Antiseptic Dusting Powder is a medicated dusting powder that contains protectant and dermatological ingredients. It used to treat and prevent heat rash or prickly heat, nappy rash, cosmetic rash caused by infections. It is also used to protect skin from being irritated and wet caused by sweat or diaper use.