Eczema is a condition where the skin gets irritated, red, dry, bumpy, and itchy. There are several types of eczema, but the most common is atopic dermatitis. To many people, "eczema" and "atopic dermatitis" mean the same thing.
Infants younger than 1 year old usually have the eczema rash on their cheeks, forehead, or scalp. It may spread to the knees, elbows, and trunk (but not usually the diaper area).
Older kids and teens usually get the rash in the bends of the elbows, behind the knees, on the neck, or on the inner wrists and ankles. Their skin is often scalier and drier than when the eczema first began. It also can be thicker, darker, or scarred from all the scratching.
How Can Parents Help?
Help prevent or treat eczema by keeping your child's skin from getting dry or itchy and avoiding triggers that cause flare-ups. Try these suggestions:
- Kids should take short baths or showers in warm (not hot) water. Use mild unscented soaps or non-soap cleansers and pat the skin dry before putting on cream or ointment. Teens should use unscented makeup and oil-free facial moisturizers.
- Ask your doctor if it's OK to use oatmeal soaking products in the bath to help control itching.
- Kids should wear soft clothes that "breathe," such as those made from cotton. Wool or polyester may be too harsh or irritating.
- Keep your child's fingernails short to prevent skin damage from scratching. Try having your child wear comfortable, light gloves to bed if scratching at night is a problem.
- Kids should avoid becoming overheated, which can lead to flare-ups.
- Kids should drink plenty of water, which adds moisture to the skin.
- Get rid of known allergens in your household and help your child avoid others, like pollen, mold, and tobacco smoke.
- Stress can make eczema worse. Help your child find ways to deal with stress (like exercise, deep breathing, or talking to a counselor).
|Burns; Sunburn; Eczema; Psoriasis; Hemorrhoids; Bedsores; Pediatric eczema|
The cream’s all natural bio-actives improve the skin’s moisture barrier and protects it from external irritants
. Use this to Reduce itchiness Repair damaged skin conditions
Reduce flaking Seal (and heal) the skin against moisture lost.
Remdii has been effective in clearing eczema sensitive skin extremely dry skin psoriarsis
Prickly heat is common in hot, humid weather and can cause discomfort. For over 80 years, many have turned to Agnesia Antibacterial Powder for its soothing and calming formula. It absorbs sweat and prevents bacterial growth. Agnesia is also effective in helping with nappy rash and cosmetic allergies.
Agnesia Antiseptic Dusting Powder is a medicated dusting powder that contains protectant and dermatological ingredients. It used to treat and prevent heat rash or prickly heat, nappy rash, cosmetic rash caused by infections. It is also used to protect skin from being irritated and wet caused by sweat or diaper use.
- For extra mild cleansing of delicate baby skin.
- Mild formulation with natural Inulin smoothes the skin
- Care complex with Panthenol helps to protect the skin against irritation
- The active ingredients allantoin and camomile recutita extract soothes irritation and redness.
- Allantoin makes the skin soft and smooth
- Camomile soothes irritation
- Nappy rash
- Chapped Hands
- Minor Burns (Sunburn)
- Rough Skin
- Helps to relieve itch and skin irritation
- 100% talcum free
- Without risk of inhalation